Patco’s Laundry Tips
We all know that laundry is never ending. Just as soon as you think you’ve emptied the basket; within minutes something miraculously finds its way back. If it was just as easy as wash, dry and pack away it wouldn’t be a problem… but then you discover the grass stains on your kids’ shorts, the grease that jumped out of the pan while you were busy cooking or last night’s spaghetti sauce that found its way onto someone’s white shirt.
Don’t fret yet, we’ve got a few tips that will make laundry a breeze. Less time doing laundry and more timing doing, well, anything else!
- Patco Washing Powder is a free-flowing white powder designed to clean all types of laundry, both household and industrial. The low foaming washing powder is predominately for automatic machine use but may also be used by hand. Our washing powder contains all the necessary surfactants, detergents, enzymes, as well as optical brighteners to ensure a clean and efficient wash, leaving your clothes incredibly clean and smelling amazing.
- Patco Fabric Soft is hypo-allergenic and made to be gentle on even the most sensitive skin. It leaves your clothes feeling super soft, static free and easy to iron. Fabric Care ensures your clothes look newer for longer and even reducing your drying time.
- Patco Magic Clean is a liquid fabric stain remover that eliminates almost every conceivable stain quickly and easily. Even tough, dried-in stains that have been around for ages. This product will leave your cloths looking good as new. No need to despair, removing stains from your clothes and carpets is easier than you might think. Use as a pre-wash spot treatment directly onto your stains or add a cup to your washing machine for any stains you might have missed.
- Patco Acetic acid or more commonly known as industrial laundry vinegar is highly efficient at removing bad odours from smelly cloths without leaving your washing smelling like vinegar. It can also be used for spot removal, pre-treat stains by applying acetic acid directly to the stains then wash as usual. It is especially useful because it’s safe for silk and wool, which do not tolerate alkaline spotters well but test the fabric in an inconspicuous area first just to be safe. Acetic acid also stops colours from fading and prevents the static that can makes your clothes stick to you annoyingly. For many fabrics it can also help prevent the build-up of lint.
- Patco Hyprox No need to buy those expensive commercial laundry products that have the words “oxy” in them and promise to whiten your clothes. Simply add a cup of Hyprox to your washing machine when doing a load of whites. The Hyprox will also deodorize clothes and remove stubborn stains. You can pour it directly onto stains but do a colour-fast test first if you’re applying to darker clothes just to be safe.
It’s important to note that not all fixes work every single time, so don’t give up completely if a hack doesn’t get a stain out completely. Keep trying – it’s likely that eventually a tactic will work. The other cardinal rule of stain removal is never, ever run a garment through a heated dryer unless you’re totally sure the stain has been removed. Doing so will only cause the stain to set and thus become a permanent, annoying part of your life.